The Official (ISC)² ISSMP Self-Paced CBK Training Seminar is a comprehensive and in-depth review of managerial concepts such as project management, risk management, creating and delivering security awareness programs, and managing a business continuity planning program. This course covers the six domains of the CISSP-ISSMP CBK (Common Body of Knowledge). Students will gain a greater depth of knowledge in information security in the areas of the ISSMP than was addressed through the CISSP. This training course will help candidates review and refresh their information security knowledge in pursuit of the CISSP-ISSMP certification.
• 134 Days of access to Official (ISC)² ISSMP content in the learning management system
• Flash cards
• Post-course assessment
• Independent reading learning activities
• Case Studies
• Quizzes at the end of each Domain
The ISSMP concentration builds upon the CISSP credential and provides mastery of the specialized area of engineering. Many people take the ISSMP certification exam years after they passed the CISSP exam. (ISC)2 is offering, at no additional cost to you, a refresher of the CISSP material that can help in preparing for the ISSMP. The CISSP Self-Paced Refresher materials are set up as a separate course, however you will have the same amount of time to access it as you do the ISSMP course. Feel free to complete as much or as little of the CISSP Self-Paced Refresher materials as you need to. You can go back to them throughout this ISSMP course.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for CISSPs who have at least 2 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CISSP-ISSMP CBK. The training seminar is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
• Chief Information Officer
• Chief Information Security Officer
• Chief Technology Officer
• Senior Security Executive
• Domain 1: Leadership and Business Management
• Domain 2: Systems Lifecycle Management
• Domain 3: Risk Management
• Domain 4: Threat Intelligence and Incident Management
• Domain 5: Contingency Management
• Domain 6: Law, Ethics and Security Compliance Management
• Evaluate the role of security, connect the security program with organizational governance, and prioritize security requirements in support of business initiatives to obtain support for the security program.
• Recommend a documented security program that includes security awareness and training and a process for analyzing, managing and enforcing security requirements for contracts and agreements.
• Apply metrics, budgeting, project management and management of security team and cross-functional and stakeholder associations to achieve a security program.
• Understand the management of security into organizational security architecture throughout the system lifecycle.
• Understand the organizational requirements necessary to establish an effective Risk Management Program.
• Understand the general processes employed in the identification of system assets, potential system threats, in-place safeguards, and vulnerabilities in the conduct and analysis of system risk assessments.
• Understand the principles and practices necessary to establish and maintain a successful incident handling and investigation program.
• Understand the processes and collaboration requirements necessary to establish, maintain, and benefit from a successful threat intelligence program.
• Understand the various benefits that the proper conduct of a Business Impact Analysis provides to the organization.
• Understand the thorough development, testing, and training necessary to effectively respond to consequences of disastrous events through effective organizational continuity of operations and system-level contingency planning.
• Recognize the laws, regulations, and supporting policies that must be maintained to ensure the appropriate protective controls and ethics are employed, audited, and validated to safeguard sensitive information and systems.
If you are purchasing this course outside of North America please contact your regional office directly for pricing and purchasing information.
For EMEA contact the EMEA Office. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Phone: +44 (0) 203.960.7800
For APAC contact the APAC Office: Email: email@example.com or call Phone: +852.2850.6951