Official ISC2 CBK Training Seminars for the HCISPP
HCISPP Course Overview
The Official ISC2 HCISPP Training course helps students confidently prepare for the HCISPP exam by providing in-depth review of the knowledge to implement, manage or assess security and privacy controls for healthcare and patient information. Content aligns with and comprehensively covers the seven domains of the HCISPP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Throughout Official ISC2 Training, students learn directly from ISC2 Authorized Instructors – certified HCISPPs and subject matter experts who deliver the most relevant, up-to-date course content developed by ISC2. Activities draw from real-world scenarios and industry topics to reinforce material and increase knowledge retention. Students explore timely cases and get hands-on with key healthcare security and privacy concepts through interactive discussions as well as independent, group and jigsaw activities.
Official HCISSP Training includes:
- Instruction from an ISC2 Authorized Instructor
- Official ISC2 Student Training Guide
- Chapter quizzes
- Interactive flash cards to reinforce learning
- Independent and group learning activities
- Case studies and real-world scenarios
- 140 post-course assessment questions to gauge exam readiness
Who should attend?
This training is intended for practitioners who have at least two years of full-time experience in one or more of the HCISPP domains and are pursuing HCISPP certification to enhance credibility and career mobility. The seminar is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Compliance Officer
- Information Security Manager
- Privacy Officer
- Compliance Auditor
- Risk Analyst
- Medical Records Supervisor
- Information Technology Manager
- Privacy and Security Consultant
- Health Information Manager
- Practice Manager
- Healthcare Industry
- Information Goverance in Healthcare
- Information Technologies in Healthcare
- Regulatory and Standards Environment
- Privacy and Security in Healthcare
- Risk Management and Risk Assessment
- Third-Party Risk Management
1. Understand and apply fundamental risk management practices.
2. Identify and differentiate between risk management frameworks and standards.
3. Describe the healthcare legal and regulatory environment.
4. Apply privacy and security practices to the healthcare industry.
5. Explain the use of third parties in the healthcare industry.
6. Describe appropriate responses to data breaches involving health information.
7. Understand the relationship between security and privacy in healthcare.
8. Identify and evaluate the security and privacy implications in the movement of information.
9. Identify key healthcare business processes that affect the security and privacy of information.
10. Describe and differentiate between various privacy and security governance practices.
11. Analyze and apply professional ethical standards to the healthcare environment.
12. Describe the information lifecycle and explain its impact on privacy and security.
13. Identify appropriate practices for the secure handling of sensitive information.