Official (ISC)² CC Online Instructor-Led Sessions
Blended approach to learning that includes live sessions led by an (ISC)² Authorized Instructor and self-paced learning sessions.
Through live instructor led and self-paced learning content this course will cover the content tested in (ISC)²’s Certified in Cybersecurity exam helping to build the solid foundation of knowledge candidates need to pass the exam.
Utilizing a blended approach to learning students will participate in live sessions led by an (ISC)² Authorized Instructor and also work on their own through an engaging self-paced experience.
Exam domains covered in this course include:
- • Security Principles
- • Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR), & Incident Response Concepts
- • Access Controls Concepts
- • Network Security
- • Security Operations
Who Should Take This Course:
Students, prospective employees, entry-level professionals and career-changes wishing to start their path toward cybersecurity leadership by taking the (ISC)²’s Certifiecd in Cybersecurity exam. There are no prerequisites for this program.
- • 8 hours of live instruction from an (ISC)² Authorized Instructor
- • 6 hours of self-paced content to prepare for live sessions
- • Peer discussions
- • Knowledge checks and end of chapter quizzes
- • Pre and post course assessments
- • Applied Scenario
- • Chapter by chapter study sheets with key points, terms and definitions
- • Flash cards
- • 180 day access to recorded live sessions and self-paced content
What to Expect:
Learners can expect a blended approach to learning that includes required self-paced study in preparation for live lectures to enhance learning through content review, activities and peer discussions.
- • Chapter Resources
- • Chapter Checklist
- • Chapter Presentation Slides
N/A – learners will have access to session recordings for 180 days.
Requirements for Completion:
To receive a certificate of course completion learners must:
- • Complete all review sessions.
- • Complete a course evaluation.
Certificate of Completion:
An electronic Certificate of Completion will be provided once you have completed the course by meeting all the requirements. We recommend that you download and retain the certificate of completion as proof of completion.
To download a PDF version of the certificate, go to the "Awards" tab of (ISC)² Learn (top menu), select the course and then "Generate Certificate."
Refunds for any (ISC)² courses will not be provided.
At the end of these sessions learners will have obtained awareness of topics covered in the Entry Level Cybersecurity Detailed Content Outline (DCO).
Chapters Covered in this Course:
This course covers the following chapters and modules:
Chapter 1: Security Principles
- • Module 1: Understand the security concepts of information assurance
- • Module 2: Understand the risk management concepts
- • Module 3: Understand security controls
- • Module 4: Understand governance processes
- • Module 5: Understand (ISC)² Code of Ethics
Chapter 2: Incident Response, Business Continuity (BC), and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- • Module 1: Understand incident response
- • Module 2: Understand business continuity (BC)
- • Module 3: Understand disaster recovery (DR)
Chapter 3: Access Controls Concepts
- • Module 1: Understand access control concepts
- • Module 2: Understand physical access controls
- • Module 3: Understand logical access controls
Chapter 4: Network Security
- • Module 1: Understand computer networking
- • Module 2: Understand network threats and attacks
- • Module 3: Understand network security infrastructure
Chapter 5: Security Operations
- • Module 1: Understand data security
- • Module 2: Understand system hardening
- • Module 3: Understand best practice security policies
- • Module 4: Understand security awareness training
Chapter 6: Course Summary and Exam Details
- • Module 1: Work experience requirements
- • Module 2: Scheduling the exam
- • Module 3: Before the exam
- • Module 4: After the exam
- • Module 5: Exam Tips
- • Module 6: Review Summary
Note: Course materials are organized by chapter not domain, which may result in domains or individual domain topics being covered in a different order than what appears in the exam outline. The chapter structure allows us to properly cover the exam domains while supporting a more cohesive learning experience.
The following are system requirements needed to enhance your overall learning experience.
A stable and continuous internet connection is required. In order to record your completion of the online learning courses, please ensure you are connected to the internet at all times while taking the course.
- • Processor 2 GHz +
- • RAM 4 GB +
- • Monitor minimum resolution (1024 x 768)
- • Video Card
- • Keyboard and Mouse or other assistive technology
- • Speakers/Headphones – (Noise-cancelling headset is recommended)
- • Microphone
- • Camera (recommended)
Supported Operating Systems:
- • Macintosh OS X 10.10 to present
- • Windows 10 to present
- • Google Chrome
- • Microsoft Edge
- • Mozilla Firefox
- • Adobe Reader: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Note, the live sessions will only become available to participants at the scheduled start time listed, but we recommend logging in ten minutes ahead of time.
These (ISC)² Instructor-led sessions leverage the Webex meeting platform. Please ensure that you are able to join your Webex sessions prior to joining the class.
To join these live sessions on Webex you will need a computer (Windows or Apple) or mobile device with internet access and speakers.
Have Questions About Purchasing?
Interested in purchasing this course on behalf of someone by check or wire, and/or want to learn about team discounts?
Phone: +1-866-331-ISC2 (4722) ext. 2
Phone: +44 (0)203.960.7800